Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pressing Issue - Pressed Powders

Previously, I've always used a two way cake to set my make up. After a while, I felt that it was just way too heavy and appears cakey. So I switched to using pressed powders.

After Googling long and hard, I opted for the M.A.C Mineralized Skin Finish in Medium Dark. The review for this product was marvellous! So I thought that it would be a sure win. Boy, was I wrong. On first application, it did give me that dewy glowing look. But after a while, somehow the oil glands on my face tends to be more active and I end up oily and shiny. I also hate the fact that when my brush or sponge is slightly damp, and it comes to contact to the product, it somehow becomes hardened, and I have to scrape that part off. Causing wastage to a super expensive product!

Frustrated, I thought perhaps me and pressed powders, were just not meant to be together.

Then e.l.f had a promotion, and I thought, why not try their Studio Pressed Powder. After all, its really cheap (Normal Price : USD 3, but I bought it during the 50% off promotion).

I bought the e.l.f Studio Pressed Powder in the colour Caramel. And from the first application, I just fell in love with it.

It has almost a sort of creamy texture which works well on the skin, and blends seamlessly into my foundation. Hardly any weight on the skin. It gives a light to medium coverage, and is super easy to blend! Compared to the M.A.C Mineralized Skin Finish that gives you a dewy glow, this powder by e.l.f gives you a matte finish instead. I love it so much that I'm currently on my second pack, and I've even purchased 3 more just as spares.

I would usually prefer to use a brush to apply this powder. And oh, I've also gotten myself the powder in Coco (the darkest colour offered). I use Coco for shading purposes, and it's perfect! Most bronzer have shimmers which I hate to use for shading. While most shading powder does not blend well. Coco fixes this two problem well. It's matte, and blends seamlessly, so I can have a natural looking contouring. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment